Monday, March 25, 2019

Haibun – On my Way to Work




It has been during my daily drive to work that I've encountered on of the strangest and most beautiful mornings. When I started in Cologne the moon attracted my attention with a yellow broad face smiling into the day.

Yellow moon
Night shift is over
All smiles

Driving on the sky suddenly has been full of pastel colors: blue, violet, all kinds of orange and yellow. Then the sun was rising above the horizon. Ehen I turned west the colors moved to my back and I was looking only onto some pink cirrus clouds.

In the East
The sun runs with flags
I'm driving North

I have to cross the river Rhine and the bridge is like a lookout. The Rhine meadows showed green and above wafts of mist were moving in between the black stumps of willows. Some likewise black poplars were raising black arms into the pastel blue sky.

Rhine waking up
White bedding at the banks
Roaring sun

And the hawk was already circling in tranquility, while other bird were twittering.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment