Sunday, April 21, 2019

Poems published on POETS The Original (MeWe) during February 2019




Meet us on POETS The Original (MeWe)

Indispensable

Where did we start, before we were born?
How well did we do after our birth?
Would we walk the same path again?
Oh no, we wouldn’t, would we?
Yes, our life is short.
Actually it’s a flash!
And yet, each
Life is
Indispensable

© 2019 Lothar M. Kirsch poem



Days gone by

Days gone by for long now
I searched for you in mirrors
But only saw my own derangement

I was looking for you in dreams
But never saw os together again

Where are you now and are you still
I do not find you anymore
Pray tell me and end me despair

But only I then shall remain
In mirrors and in dreams

As days gone by will stay gone by

© 2019 Lothar M. Kirsch poem and picture
Hosted and invited by @karen Hayward



A Sated Thirst

As I came home last evening
My head still filled with joys and toils
I couldn’t be sure then if it spoils
My reading, my mood or my esteeming
Of a Bach motet or Hotel California
Or tune in and drift off into nirvana

Unlacing my shoes I found out
I still carry sand in my shoes
Reminding me of forgotten views
Lost in dreaming without doubt
The walk on the beach in the sand
Together with you hand in hand

The waves glistened as they dispersed
We didn’t need a drink for a sated thirst

© 2019 Lothar M. Kirsch poem
Hosted by @karen Hayward



Names
    there
He stands
With
His
Black
Booklet
Full of
Names
His
Clock
Shows him
Characters
And
He
Again
    Crosses out
Names

© 2019 Lothar M. Kirsch poem and pictures




Silk of the night

The silk of the night
Lying down, crackling
Stars, robbed of their clothes
Cold trembles with black branches
On which pigeons perch
Shades of gray hide in black
The moon-sickle lingers behind the horizon
And eternity is delayed

Watching until the eyes water
And tears congeal to ice
As fears conceal in bold words
The dark silk moves on the ground
Shades reveal other shades
The pigeons move on
As the moon-sickle chops up darkness
And eternity never wonders

© 2019 Lothar M. Kirsch poem and picture


Seide der Nacht

Die Seide der Nacht
Die sich knisternd niederlegt
Sterne, ihrer Kleidung beraubt
Kälte zittert mit schwarzen Zweigen
Auf denen Tauben nisten
Grau verbirgt sich in Schwarz
Die MondSichel verweilt hinter’m Horizont
Und die Ewigkeit verspätet sich


Quietude

My heartbeat
    Silenced by
        My chest
            The body on me
        The bedding
    The wall
The house

The forest sounds
    Muffled by
        The shrubs
            The deer in slumber
        The blackberry
    The deer
And the fog

Sweet darkness
    Guarding dreams
        And the silence
            Before dawn start
        Teasing each other
    Then tranquility
Ends in day’s delusions

© 2019 Lothar M. Kirsch poem
Hosted by @karen Hayward


Uniting

As we walk on the shore
Colors move with us
And merge into light spots
Oscillating

Then the colors dim
And darkness enwraps
Both surf and sand
Both you and me
Both high and low

Our steps are luminescent
Where water and sand unite

© 2019 Lothar M. Kirsch poem
Hosted by @karen Hayward


Be My

You could be myles away
You could be myllimeters near
You could be mynd-numbing
You could be myrth
You could be mysty-eyed
You could be mycronesian or macronesian
You could be mymids
Or
You could be my destiny

© 2019 Lothar M. Kirsch poem
Hosted by @karen Hayward




Locked

They closed the gate behind you

At the bars:
    Do not step too close to the bars!
You gave up

Your eyes to look
Your mouth to speak
Your tears to flow
Your hands to fold
Your feet to abscond

But

They had forgotten
To demand your head
Therefore you think about freedom
Therefore you think about love

© 2019 Lothar M. Kirsch poem and picture


VerSchlossen
Da schloss sich hinter dir das Tor

Bei den Gittern
Tritt nicht zu nah an die Gitter!
Gabst du ab

Deine Augen zu schauen
Deinen Mund zu sprechen
Deine Tränen zu fließen
Deine Hände zu falten
Deine Füße zu entWeichen

Aber
Sie hatten verGessen
Deinen Kopf zu fordern
So denkst du an die Freiheit
So denkst du an die Liebe


Nest

The skylark has its nest
As every bird has
Even so the little wren

In boughs aloft and free
They build their nests
Far from the cat’s lurk

We humans, too, build nests
Neither homes nor houses
But nests to return to

Where our souls find peace
And slumber wraps around us
Like a cocoon or cradle

Will we build nests again
Up, up in the tree tops
And sing with the birds?

Or will we rather stay down
Timid of the swaying branches
But build a tree house at least?

We should not be ashamed
As our children will receive
The gift of a nest in the tree

© 2019 Lothar M. Kirsch poem
Hosted by ©karen Hayward


.


No comments:

Post a Comment