Friday, October 7, 2011

A very special display of Metta (compassion)


While visiting Beijing last week I had the opportunity to meet with a friend, who cannot access Twitter since 2009 as the Chinese government stopped Twitter in China. Maybe you remember @shixianjia or @rosemary0 from this time.
I’ve met Rosemary at the Summer Palace (颐和园) and we took a bus to Longquan Temple (龙泉寺), which takes quite a while as the temple lies in Beijing Fenghuangling (Phoenix Mountain) Nature Park (北京凤凰岭自然风景公园) outside of the city; it is 51 kilometers away from Tiananmen Square and 23 kilometers from Summer Palace.
We’ve met Sheila and the three of us visited some of the temples walked over the old stone bridge, or sat beneath a shady Gingko tree. The Longquan Temple had been built initially in 951 and is the first Buddhist temple that had been formally opened in Beijing’s Haidian District. While walking in the vicinity of the stupa, Rosemary suddenly told Sheila, that she had a mosquito on her forehead. She tried to help her get rid of the mosquito, but it was already sucking blood. Sheila told her to let it go, as it will drop off, when it has sucked enough blood (吃饱了), which the mosquito did. Thank you, Sheila for demonstrating how far Metta can reach.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "A very special display of Metta (compassion)":

    Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a twenty five foot drop, just so she can be a
    youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she
    has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

    Actually, what he wanted to share is an advertisemant, which I deleted! - Poos spammer!

    ReplyDelete