Thursday, August 23, 2018

Toilets in Tibet


The first Public Toilet, which I'd seen entering Lhasa


When travelling I always look at the toilets. I’ve seen the situation 20 years ago, so I can compare. There has been an enormous improvement both in facilities and cleanliness, especially at the centers of tourism and pilgrimage. I’d like to mention the public toilets in Lhasa, which even don’t charge a fee. In rural areas, however, there still is room for improvement. 



 Another Public Toilet in Lhasa, part of the kora



At a restaurant in Lhasa



A toilet at a pass, the fee was 1 Yuan (0.13 €)
 


The toilet of a small restaurant in a rural surrounding



Well, it's an open air toilet with vistas of the fields, some of which bear rape in blossom. And you can see the brick or better tile shaped objects being piled on the concrete wall - it is drying fuel, for winter, made out of dung and straw. Where else would one store it?



This toilet was annoying as it was part of a 
large gas station.
 


I was pondering on the nature 
of the fluid being spilled there


Links:

 .

No comments:

Post a Comment