Monday, November 12, 2012

Carpe Diem Haiku "fountain"


Water, constantly
Running from the fountain
Which rests unmoved
My fountain pen
A fountain, too
For words


Water going up
Flowing downwards steadily
Fountain touches inner self

Fountain gives birth
To water, flowing
And aging until the sea
I like natural foutains. I get my water for drinking from a fountain in the mountain (Eifel region in Germany). I have to walk several times over a hill carrying the water in my backpack. It isn't for reasons of exercise, but for the appreciation of what I want to drink. I could buy bottled water from the region, which has a history of 2000 years to supply water. The Romans have build aqueducts to bring this water to Cologne, about 70 km North of the Eifel. Buying water from the supermarket wouldn't be the same, would it? It's also the idea of not taking everything for granted.

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading these haiku Lothar ... lovely take on the prompt for today. What a job Lothar to walk that far for fresh water ... I think I wouldn't do that ans buy bottles of water. But on the other hand ... it has also something to 'work hard for getting water and not take it for granted'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you are doing in this set, especially intrigued by the words flowing from the fountain pen. Thanks for sharing a WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful set of 'flowing' haiku....I am fussy about my water, too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoy walking through the fields and some small forests. So I cheated a little bit, it isn't all effort, it's also relaxing.

    ReplyDelete