Thursday, September 10, 2026

Haiku for “Walking the path together...” – August 2026


I'd like to share some haiku I've written during August 2026 for the Facebook Group “PERCORRIAMO INSIEME... HAIKU E DINTORNI “Walking the path together...” [1]. Initiator of this group is Mrs Tiziana Ciola, who also prompted for “National Haiku Writing Month” [2]. I enjoyed very much writing there and the criticism and encouragement have been incredible. Right now I don't have enough time to read and write about other writer's haiku, though this improves your own efforts. Still in 2026 I have travels to come to Poland and Japan, but afterwards I hope that I'll still be welcome in this group.


Prompt ~ The Train and The Journey
summer vacation
the rattata rattata
and lazy eyes shut

Variation:
summer vacation
the surf rolls out softly
lazy eyes shut 

Prompt ~ Evening breeze
evening breeze 
filled with dark scents 
evanescing

Prompt ~ Figs
eating dried figs 
under the large fig tree 
a bit crazy

Prompt ~ Corn Cobs 
golden corn cobs 
hanging on withered plants 
harvest moon

Prompt ~ Gilthead Seabream 
under the moon 
the golden specks of seabreams 
escaping at last 

Prompt ~ Tent / Curtains!   
camping at the lake 
no luxury in the tent 
but no mosquitos

Prompt ~ Hydrangeas 
a pot of 
withered hydrangeas 
everlasting

Prompt ~ Drought
during this drought 
unripe apples are falling 
without a sound

Prompt ~ Summer Rain
a sudden rain 
on the parched country road 
this scent of summer

Variation:
a sudden rain 
on the parched country road 
wet holes in the dust

Prompt ~ Sweat
last day 
of summer vacation 
still sweating 

Prompt ~ "Fumo"
autumn approaches 
grey smoke leaves the chimney 
as leaves change color

Variation:
grey smoke
from the chimney —
leaves changing Color

Prompt ~ with azure moss and flowers
the graves are covered 
with azure moss and flowers 
but we keep Walking 

Prompt ~ Midges / Gnats 
camping at the lake 
humans are on the menu 
in gnat's fav resto

Prompt ~ Beach Evenings
beach evening 
plastic clings to seaweed 
but our eyes are shut

Prompt ~ Shooting Stars
summer is ending 
the meteors are to come 
we wait under clouds

Prompt ~ Mallow
mallow flower tea 
evening at the hostel 
recalling each time 

Prompt ~ Wheel
looking at 
the dharma wheel and sunflower 
both turn

Changed to:
look at
the dharma wheel and sunflower
both are turning 

Prompt ~ Blueberries
picking blueberries 
the hands are already blue 
as mouth and tongue

Prompt ~ Summer Breeze
summer breeze 
the reeds are bowing
as the boat rocks

Prompt ~ Salamander
the salamander 
under the marsh marigolds 
not minding the rain

Prompt ~ Zinnias
a bumble bee 
on the violet zinnia 
only I watch





Links and Annotations:
[1] PERCORRIAMO INSIEME... HAIKU E DINTORNI “Walking the path together...”
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1569690610826719
[2] National Haiku Writing Month 
https://www.facebook.com/NaHaiWriMo 

.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment