Sunday, December 9, 2018

The Earl Grey (148)



I happened to walk on the Frankfurter St. to Wiener Platz (Vienna Place) in Cologne as I do nearly every Saturday. To my surprise I’ve seen a sign, maybe an advertisement, for EARL GREY. As I had written on Earl Grey tea recently, I thought to investigate.
I’ve found out that there had been a French novel rock group that published an album about 5-6 years ago. One of the songs is “Heart of Glass”. Not a bad song, but Youtube doesn’t show too many clicks. I’ve found some pieces of information linking the group to San Miguel de Bernuy, but which is in Spain. As you see below the video had 148 likes and Wikipedia tells us: “San Miguel de Bernuy is a municipality located in the province of Segovia, Castile and León, Spain. As of 2016, the municipality has a population of 148.” Everything is linked together in this world.

I don’t know, what happened to the group. Maybe the name wasn’t too good as all information on the group is drowned in tea, so to say.

But there’s some other news. Last year there had been a German group of five also with the name EARL GREY, covering rock songs from the 70ies until now. They come from Recke in Westfalia, a town of about 11,000 inhabitants.

I’ll remember all this information, when I’ll sip my next Earl Grey tea. And hopefully next Saturday there won’t be any ad being glued to a light post.



Links:

.


No comments:

Post a Comment