Thursday, September 13, 2018

Dropenling Handicraft Center in Lhasa





Normally I don’t like visiting handicraft centers aas I I don’t buy thinks that could further limit my living space in a small apartment. But with Dropenling it has been different. I liked watching how the artisans worked and then also what came out of their work.I had been especially interested in the bronze works, noisy in the courtyard and nice to see finished in the shop. Besides being bought by tourists the bronze works are of course meant to be put into temples.

Dropenling is Tibetan and means giving back for the betterment of all sentient beings. Dropenling Handicraft Center sells crafts made only by Tibetans.  Dropenling has been founded in 1997. The address is No. 11 Chak Tasal Gang Road in Lhasa – but how do you find it? Ask for the mosque, which is around the corner.






Links:

.

No comments:

Post a Comment